Manaer Advocacy and Economic Development,
City of Wanneroo
Steve has held positions in the education sector, business consulting and local government as well as owning and operating small business.
After a career in education, Steve worked at Syme Marmion & Co as a Project Consultant and General Manager and then as Principal Business Development Advisor with the City of Wanneroo. From 2015 to early 2019, Steve led the economic development unit at the City of Joondalup and returned to the City of Wanneroo more recently as Manager of Advocacy and Economic Development.
With and a Master of Business Administration from Curtin University of Technology, Steve has consulted on many commercial and government projects involving economic impact analysis, demand analysis, business case development, policy development and economic strategy development.
Some key consulting projects include:
- Perth Arena Business Case;
- City of Joondalup Commercial Strategy;
- City of Joondalup Whitfords Retail Assessment;
- WA Football Commission Football Facilities Strategic Plan;
- UDIAWA – Economic Impact Study of the Land Development and Apartment Construction Industry;
- Department of Planning – Industrial Land Needs Study for Perth and Peel; and
- Alkimos/Eglinton Joint Venture – Alkimos/Eglinton Economic and Employment Strate